I made cereal bars!!
Double Reese’s Cereal Bars!!!
My daughter has been asking for Reese’s Puffs Cereal, and I finally caved. Of course, she isn’t going be breakfasting on it; because I made cereal treats with the whole box! Yup……the WHOLE, entire 13 ounce box. 🙂
To be honest……I love love love Reese’s Puffs Cereal. It is a super tasty snack! So, my girl gets her craving for it honestly. In my opinion, chocolate and peanut butter should be a major food group……just sayin!
These treats are pretty festive……yellow, orange, and white! Totally Thanksgiving-y!! You make them just like a traditional Rice Krispie Treat, which is super simple……SCORE! And, then you add extra Reese’s goodness……DOUBLE SCORE!!
Double Reese’s Cereal Bars
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- (1) 10 oz. package of miniature marshmallows
- (1) 13 oz. box of Reese’s Puffs Cereal (It’s about 7 cups)
- 1 cup Reese’s mini Pieces
– In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
– Pour in the marshmallows, and stir constantly until they are completely melted.
– Remove from heat and add the cereal. Stir until it is covered in the melted marshmallows. (It is VERY sticky.)
– Using a rubber spatula, press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. (I sprayed the bottom of my pan and also the back of the spatula with non-stick spray.)
– Immediately pour the cup of mini Pieces evenly over the top and lightly press them down.
– Cool, and cut into squares.
They are like an ocean of Yummy! All I can say is……WILL POWER!! I wanted to eat the entire pan!
I love to make cereal bars and treats. These were a hit! My kids hovered over them……another SCORE!
They are total winners!
I’m actually looking forward to making them again!