I made cupcakes!!
Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes!!!
On Tuesday, I made you Ice Cream Sundae Cookies, and I told you I had a few other “Sundae” bakes to share……well, here you go!
Aren’t they cute?
Sometimes, I make things that are more about the “theme” or “idea” than the actual recipe. These cupcakes are kinda one of those. They were so easy to make, and they look adorable!
I decided to make “chocolate and vanilla” sundaes. I used box mixes to keep it simple. After I made both batters, I spooned them into the cupcake liners.
They looked really cool after they baked.
The frosting was whipped together in about 5 minutes.
Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes
for the cakes
- Any flavor cake mix, and the ingredients to prepare.
– Prepare the cake batter according to the directions on the box. (I think Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry would be cool, but it would make a boat load of cupcakes!!)
for the “Whipped Cream” frosting
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- (1) 3.5 oz. package of pudding (Vanilla would look more like whipped cream, but I used chocolate.)
- (1) 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip, thawed
– Place a metal bowl and the beaters of your mixer into the freezer for an hour or more. (This just speeds the thickening process.)
– Beat the 1st 3 ingredients together in the metal bowl until soft peaks form. (Mine peaked very quickly, and I whipped it for about 2 minutes.)
– Fold in Cool Whip and then beat again until thoroughly combined.
– Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes
* Frosting recipe from Allrecipes.com
Now is the fun part…..top the frosting with any ice cream sundae toppings…….cherries, chocolate syrup, caramel, nuts, sprinkles, candy bars, etc.
You can put your cupcakes in cones……
Or in cups……
Or just leave them in their cute cupcake wrappers!
I didn’t have any paper sundae cups, but they are super cute and can be wrapped in cellophane (attach a plastic spoon with some ribbon) and given as a gift.
I think they would be awesome at a child’s birthday party. The kids could make their own “sundae”! The great thing about doing it with cupcakes is, they don’t melt! So, they can be set aside until cake time!