I made brownies!!
Candy Bar Brownies!!!
I don’t know about you, but we are drowning in left-over Halloween candy at our house.
I decided today was a good time to consolidate it all. It’s easier to keep track of what you have, if it’s all in one place…..don’t you think?
So, while the kids were at school; I separated the candy stuff from the chocolate stuff. Now there are 2 LARGE bowls of treats, instead of secret stashes hidden in every room, nook, and cranny. (Although, I’m pretty sure they each have a few favorites tucked away somewhere.)
Anyway, as I was putting the overflowing chocolate-filled bowl into the fridge; inspiration hit me.
Enter….candy bar brownies!!
I took 2 handfuls of mini and funsize Snickers, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers and Twix bars, and chopped them up.
I baked a brownie layer for a few minutes, and then spread the candy bars all over the top.
Baked them for another few minutes, and then added mini-marshmallows.
Back in the oven for one last time, to let the marshmallows get golden and puffy.
Gave them a chocolate drizzle……..and WOW!
Candy Bar Brownies
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of chocolate candy bars, chopped thin
- 1 and 1/2 cups mini-marshmallows
- chocolate syrup, for drizzle (optional)
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
– In a medium bowl, mix cake mix, butter and egg until combined. It will be thick.
– Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
– Bake 12 minutes, until the brownies are soft set.
– Evenly spread chopped candy bars onto the semi-baked brownies. Bake 6 minutes.
– Remove from oven, and sprinkle marshmallows over the top of the candy bar layer.
– Bake an additional 6 minutes (until the marshmallows are puffy and turning golden), remove from oven.
– Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
– Cool completely before cutting.
*cake mix brownie recipe from The Domestic Rebel
I have to say, I love the Snickers bars in these……the peanuts totally stand out.
You can play around with all kinds of chocolate bars to create different flavored brownies. They are a great way to use up your candy stash, so let me know how yours turn out! 🙂