I made cookies!!
Ice Cream Sundae Cookies!!!
November the 11th is National Sundae Day! 🙂 Who wouldn’t want to celebrate National Sundae Day, I mean…..YUM!?! So, in honor of the day; I made Ice Cream Sundae Cookies.
Yea, yea…….I’m a little behind this week, you should have had these on Monday! I am super sorry!
I think you should forgive me, though…..because I’m sharing these with you! They are yummy, and packed full of sundae goodies!
Check out this dough…..
They were totally fun to make! I think you could add any of your favorite sundae toppings! So, just use the recipe as a map and let your taste buds be the guide!! (Wow, that was corny……but seriously, do it!)
Ice Cream Sundae Cookies
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar cones, broken apart
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white morsels
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 rainbow sprinkles
– In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
– In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time; beating well after each addition.
– Gradually beat in flour mixture, until totally combined.
– Fold in cones, chips, cherries, and sprinkles.
– Refrigerate dough for an hour or more.
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
– Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
– Cool on the cookies sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
*recipe from www.verybestbaking.com (Nestles)
The cookies puffed up in the oven, but kinda flattened as they cooled. They stayed really soft, which was unexpected; because they were a little thin. But, with all of that being said; I loved the texture!! 🙂 I would absolutely make them again…..if that tells you anything!
They were like having two desserts in one! You should make them!
Your tummy will be super happy!
I have a few other ice cream sundae bakes up my sleeve…..so be sure to look for them! I won’t keep them from you for too long!