I made cookies!!
Peppermint Patty Cookies!!!
Have you ever made cake mix cookies?? If not, you have been missing out!!
They are super easy, and you only need 3 ingredients to make them……cake mix, eggs, and oil. You can change them up with different cake mix flavors, so just imagine all of the possibilities!!! And….. if you really want to be exciting, throw in your favorite candy.
For this cookie, I used chocolate cake mix. Then, I wrapped the dough around a peppermint patty.
I convinced my kids that I’m magic with these cookies. When they asked me how I got the peppermint patty inside, I simply said, “MAGIC!!”. They shrugged their shoulders, and kept eating. They must have already assumed that was how I did it, because they didn’t need much convincing.
You can be magic too!! Get your wand ready……
Peppermint Patty Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 18 peppermint patties, frozen
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
– In a medium bowl, beat cake mix, eggs and oil for about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and continue beating until completely combined.
– Refrigerate for an hour, or until the dough is firm and can be worked with easily by hand.
– Using a 2 Tbsp. scoop, make balls with the dough. (If you don’t have a scoop, roll dough into one inch balls.) Press a peppermint patty into the middle and shape the dough up and around the top, until the entire patty is covered in cookie dough.
– Place onto prepared cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
– Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until cookie is set on the top. (you will be able to press on it, and it won’t sink in.)
– Remove from oven, and allow them cool on the cookie sheet an additional 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
* Cake Mix Cookie recipe adapted from here on allrecipes.com.
I hope this recipe comes in handy, especially if you have pounds and pounds of Halloween candy lying around your house like I do!!! Use your imagination, and get baking! 🙂