I made cookies!!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies!!!
It’s been a long week!
This is pretty much how it went……
Monday – Kids: No School, closed due to Hurricane Sandy
Tuesday – Kids: No School, closed due to Hurricane Sandy
Wednesday – Kids: 2 hour delay
Thursday – Kids: No School, Teacher In-Service
Friday – Kids: No School, Teacher In-Service
You get my point, right?? L. O. N. G. week!!
Don’t get me wrong……I love spending time with my children, but it is nice having a few hours during the week when I can do “me” things, you know? The fact that they were stuck inside and couldn’t go out to play, changed the dynamics totally! 6 bored children is NOT a fun thing!
Cookies make everything better! So, I made cookies. Big, yummy, chocolatey, oatmeal cookies!!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
– In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugars. Mix in eggs, one at a time.
– Sift in flour, baking soda and salt. Beat until combined.
– Fold in oats and chocolate chunks.
– Place heaping tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 16 minutes, depending on the size of your cookie. (The edges will start to brown, and the middles should be set.)
– Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*recipe adapted from Quaker Oatmeal’s Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
I was going to make these cookies with raisins.
And then, one of my little angels said, “You’re putting raisins in them? Do you have to put raisins in them?”
Erghhhhh!! Nope I don’t. So, for the sake of my children’s happiness….. I used chocolate chunks, instead of raisins. Apparently, in my house; No Raisins=No Whining. After 5 days of being rained in….. No Whining=Happy Mom!
You can use raisins if you want! 🙂 But, I have to admit; the chocolate kinda rocks!
So try them, ok??