I made cupcakes!!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes!!!
I made them last week for a birthday party…along with these cupcakes, that I shared on Monday! Sorry for posting 2 cupcake recipes in one week, I’m hoping you like them enough that you don’t mind. My plan had been to share them with you next week, but today ended up being super busy and I didn’t have time to bake something new.
My little guy had an EEG.
Pretty cute, huh? They made him look like a mummy too! Pretty fitting for Halloween!!
He was a trooper, and actually laid down calmly for the entire test…….whew, was I relieved! He deserved a cupcake! 🙂 Instead, he got a new racecar and lunch at McDonald’s.
You get the cupcakes….the recipe, anyway!!
Start with a cake mix. I love doctoring up cake mixes. It’s such a simple way to make something a little more special!
Throw in a few additional ingredients and you have a super cupcake!
Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting, and you have a FABULOUS cupcake!!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
for the cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Fill cupcake/muffin pans with 24 cupcake liners, set aside.
– In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and spice.
– Beat on low for 30 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl, continue to beat for another minute on medium or until all the ingredients are well combined.
– Fill each of the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
– Bake 16 to 22 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (I press the middles, if they bounce back they are done.)
– Cool completely on a wire rack.
for the frosting
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
– In a medium bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth.
– Slowly add powdered sugar to creamed mixture.
– Whip for 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy.
– Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
*Cake recipe adapted from Betty Crocker’s Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes.
I hope they give you cupcake fever!!