I made cake today!
Frosted Pumpkin Cake !!
It’s like a pumpkin roll without the roll…..does that make sense?? It’s dense and moist….ALMOST a bar, but a little too cakey to be a bar.
SO…..now that you are totally confused……. just make it. You’ll see! And you’ll be glad you did!
I originally intended on adding a marshmallow layer in the middle of the cake. Too bad I had already put it in the oven when I noticed the cup of marshmallows still sitting on the counter. Right where I left them! Ugh….FAIL!
I made a marshmallow cream cheese frosting instead. Woot!! Woot!!
I think the kitchen fairies must have sprinkled me with temporary memory loss dust so I would forget the marshmallows, because it was pretty tasty……1 bite……turned into 2……2 bites……turned into……well……lunch!
Oh my waistline…..but it was GOOD!
Frosted Pumpkin Cake
For the Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can of pure pumpkin
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
– In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice together.
– In a separate bowl, mix eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and oil until combined. Add pumpkin and thoroughly mix.
– Sift flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix completely.
– Pour into the prepared pan. Bake 22 – 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
For the frosting
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Marshmallow Fluff
– In a medium bowl, beat until combined and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
– Smooth onto cake.
So, it turned out to be a win-win! The cake was super, and I can look forward to making it again…..with marshmallows!