I made candy dipped treats today!
I was playing with my new Wilton Chocolate Pro. I used a half-off coupon, and I am so glad I did. Totally worth it!
You don’t need a melter to make these treats though. All you need is your favorite brand of candy coating wafers. They sell them at all craft stores in the candy/ cake decorating aisles. I used Merkens Orange wafers to make these, but you can pick any color you’d like.
I grabbed all kinds of things out of my pantry.
Don’t forget the sprinkles!
First, melt your candy wafers. Put half of a cup (or more, depending on what you are coating) in a microwave safe bowl. Heat them according to the directions on the bag.
Oatmeal Cream Pies!
The possibilities are endless!!
Easy Candy Dipped Treats
- 1 bag of Candy wafers for melting
- food for dipping (ex. pretzels, cookies, wafers, cream pies,etc….)
– Melt wafers according to directions on bag.
– Dip snacks until coated. (I put my treats on a fork and dip them and then I tap the fork on the side of the bowl/melter to shake off excess.)
– Top with sprinkles while the melts are still liquid.
– Dry on wax paper.
*It’s a learning process. Figure out the method that works best for you and stick with it.
Definitely take a lap around the decorating aisle of the craft store. There is some really awesome stuff!
With the Holidays fast approaching, keep these ideas in mind. You can take some pretty normal things, and make them festive and fun! Easy!
And it’s so much fun doing these with kids. It’s the best kind of art project…..edible!!
Have a great weekend!