Have you had a Caramel Apple Milky Way bar yet? They are perfectly yummy! AND…they are mini, so that means little calories, right? (win, win!)
The first time I saw these was here. I had to make them, so I promptly ran out to the store and was told they were sold out. I then proceeded to stalk every grocery store around until I found them. I bought 2 bags……after tasting one, I knew that was not going to be nearly enough; so I headed back and bought a few more. ( I’m not telling how many so no need to ask!! ) And good thing, because they don’t seem to last very long anywhere.
They are good. Really good.
As I said in a previous post….I had never had a Milky Way or a 3 Musketeers bar until a year or so ago. Although good, I enjoy other chocolates a bit more. Until these.
I’ve been baking them into cookies and brownies ever since. And now this…….
I have made this Better than Sex Cake from Allrecipes.com a few times. I thought I would try making it more “Autumny”. (yea, I know that’s not a word….I have a bad habit of adding y’s to all my adjectives)
The outcome was fabulous.
Caramel Apple Milky Way (Better Than ___ ) Cake
- 1 box Spice cake mix (and the ingredients to make it)
- 1 (14 oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of caramel ice cream topping plus 2 tbsp. for decorative drizzle
- 1 bag of Caramel Apple Milky Way bars cut into 4’s
- 1 (8 oz.) container of Cool Whip
* this cake is easiest left in the pan because it’s messy. I’m sure it would work if you flipped it out as well.
– Bake cake as directed in a 9×13 pan. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes
– While the cake is cooling combine milk and caramel in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat until smooth and combined.
– Poke holes into the entire cake about an inch apart. Do not go all the way through to the bottom.
– Slowly pour warm milk mixture over the top of the cake making sure it fills the holes.
– Sprinkle the candy over the top ( I cover it with foil and let the chocolates melt.)
– Cool completely, then top with whipped topping and decorate with additional candy and caramel drizzle.
If you check out the original recipe, you will notice that I changed the milk and caramel amounts….as written there is not nearly enough to fill all of the holes. The recipe also called for slits to be made in the cake and I am just not a big fan….but you can decide on your own which way you like it best.
I’ll let you fill in the “Better than ______” blank yourself!! 🙂
Have a wonderful week-end!