Today I want to introduce you to another one of my favorite blogs…… Crazy for Crust.
It’s written by Dorothy, and the recipes she posts are fantastic!! You should definitely check it out!
I had a really hard time deciding which one of her recipes to make, or try again. So, I actually picked two things….her Nutter Butter Truffle Brownies ( I love, love, love them, and will post another time) and this amazing dip and its “dippers”, which I’m going to show you today.
I mean, REALLY!!….dippers made out of pie crust….brilliant!!
Where have these been all my life!?! My favorite part of most pies is the crust! (Is that weird?)
I thought this dip would make a really fun snack for the kids after school, and it didn’t disappoint. My 14-year-old told me that when he grows up and moves away from home, I need to make sure that I make this when he comes to visit…..pretty awesome huh??
Devil’s Food Cake Batter Dip with Pie Crust Dippers ( from Crazy for Crust)
For the dip:
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups devil’s food cake mix
- 4-6 tbsp. milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
– Beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
– Add cake mix and 3 tbsp. of milk and mix until combined.
– Slowly add the powdered sugar and the additional milk until the dip is the taste and consistency you like
For the dippers:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (they come in packs of 2)
- 1 tbsp. butter (melted)
- sprinkling sugar
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
– Roll out crust and cut out “dippers”, you can make any shape you would like.
– Place on a cookie sheet (I used parchment paper on mine). Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar
– Bake 7-9 minutes, or until slightly golden
I made my dippers a bit small. I think this is because when I was growing up, my Mom would say to us “it’s called dip, not scoop!!!”, and it stuck. (hi Mom!) ……but you can make yours any size or shape, which is a lot of fun if you use seasonal cutters.
Quick and Easy! Completely and totally yummy!
So go ahead and pop on over to Dorothy’s blog……you’ll be glad you did!