I made cookies!!
Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies!!!
Have you tried cinnamon chips?
Holy yummy goodness!
They are ALWAYS out-of-stock at my grocery store, but I lucked out a few weeks ago and found one lone bag. I was super psyched, and of course now that I know how great they are; I can’t find anymore!! I’m hoping some local store decides to stock up on them for the holidays, because they are super!
I thought they would be a little over-powering, but they are little chips of cinnamon perfectness. Just right!
And they look awesome too, their color is so rich……
If you can find them……hoard them! They are worth it! And, then you can sell them for triple-price to addicted cinnamon chip junkies, that can’t find them anywhere else; like me!!
Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. hot water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups cinnamon chips (or less, you decide)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add eggs and beat until incorporated.
- dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to the creamed mixture, along with the flour, salt and cream of tartar. Mix well.
- Fold in oats and cinnamon chips.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet, and bake 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
They are like hearty snickerdoodles……YUM!
Cozy cookies! The best kind, in my opinion! At least, this time of year!